-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Has my burner died?

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 17:55:43 -0400

I have no knowledge of IMAPI v2, so that will take some time for me to
answer.  Perhaps someone else here has a handle on this.

As for switching to it and finding the burner works, I'll suggest installing
ASPI on your system and using that for your burning needs.  although ASPI
4.71.2 has been out for a while, I prefer to stick with v4.60.  I do this
for every system I own and have never had problems with the underlying tech
controlling my burners.

If you like, I'll open up my server so you can get it directly from me along
with easy instructions on how to install it.  The installation does require
a reboot and you'll then have to go into your burning software and tell it
to use ASPI instead of IMAPI or Direct Control.

Peace,
Gman

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php