-=PCTechTalk=- Re: A free Unzipper??

  • From: "D. Weaver" <djweaver.groups@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 15:02:50 -0400

I second this one.  Been using 7-zip since either I stumbled across it,
or G' might have recommended it to me, I don't remember which.  Either
way.....

It's a dang good program.  None of the bloat that Winzip has become, and
the native format for 7zip is really compact, and more archive programs
are starting to support it because the archives are smaller in the 7z
format than zip.

Dave

Gman wrote:
> Hi Roger,
>     You still have the option of uninstalling that one and reinstalling the
> older version.  The only difference I know if is the extra cost for the new
> one.
>
>     If you prefer to move away from Winzip, have a look at 7-zip.  It's
> free, it handles most of the compressed formats you're even likely to see
> and it's relatively fast at all it does.
>
> http://www.7-zip.org
>
> Peace,
> Gman

in the Subject.