-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Install Win7 from USB drive: was ISO burning Question

  • From: Steve Aiello <deacondeamon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 18:38:13 -0400

UPDATE
 Here's what I've been doing the past few days.
I download Windows 7.  Used the trail version of Bit Zipper. to unzip it and
save it in the zipper archive.  Here a link to the write up on it on c/net
http://download.cnet.com/BitZipper/3000-2250_4-10048965.html

I next download the fully functional trial of alcohol 120%. This one is
expensive.  but it works great in the free trial version.
http://www.alcohol-soft.com/

This put a virtual DVD burner on the hard drive.

I pulled up 7 in 120 and put it on the virtual burner. Then installed it.
This is where I made a mistake. I put it on my main hard drive without
thinking. Dam teenage moments.  On the first restart it appeared I had a
dual boot. But after that it would only boot into 7.  Not a Major problem as
I had backed-up all my data and stuff.
I did lose the recovery partition on that hard drive.  I have no idea how,
but it's not a major problem. I had already ordered the recovery disk from
HP.

The short time I was in 7 I liked it. It seems fast.  easy to move around
and find stuff in.  Now the problem I have with it.  It sees my on board
wi-fi cards, which is nice but I don't get a strong enough signal for them
to be useful.  It does not recognize the drives for ether the Sprint data
card and the Balkin wi-fi range extender.

It's most likely to soon to find drivers for ether one of these, but I'll be
out looking

That's it.
Steve.

in the Subject.