-=PCTechTalk=- Re: help w/recording from cassette player to computer pls

  • From: "cristy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 21:46:42 -0400

HI Gman,

No problem, I expected you might pop on later on.  I am playing around a bit
with the tutorial I found.  I have thus far figured out how to select a part
in the  middle and listen to it and am watching the volume levels light up
for the left and right sides, noticing my left is not going across the bar
as far and not hearing it as loud, so one thing I will want to know if this
is fixable after the fact that it must have been recorded this way.  By the
way my original recording devise for this particular tape of a live
performance was a very inexpensive boom box (lol)..so not sure what can be
done but..

I am curious if there is a way to decrease or increase the vocals also
leaving the instruments volume lower or higher than originally recorded.
And to correct the muffled sound of vocals recorded at too loud a volume.

Christine