-=PCTechTalk=- Re: help w/recording from cassette player to computer pls

  • From: "cristy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 17:46:53 -0400

Gman,

Before I read this reply of yours, I was able to burn to a CD-R disc and had
success playing it on my stand alone CD player but with CD-R's I think I
cannot add songs later on so that is not ideal.

It looks like my goldwave program has some effects features but I have not
played with them yet.  It sounds like I should try audacity though and will
try all of this after dinnertime shortly.  Do you have al link to the direct
download?

I have been wanting to open up this can of worms for a long time now and I
guess it is as good a time as any as school lets out soon.

Will be back shortly.  I do "get" what you mean about the .bmp and .wav and
lossless and lossy and all though.  And was wanting to just record the
entire cassette tape, not one song at a time and later splice and dice it.

thanks!

Christine