-=PCTechTalk=- How many techs do we have here?

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCTechTalk Group <FreeLists>" <PCTechTalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 21:16:07 -0400

I just discovered that one of my favorite device driver sources has built a
better mousetrap.

Just the other day, I burned for myself a DVD that contains practically
every driver any tech will ever need to get ANY system in full working
condition with a single click (as long as the system is running well enough
to read from an optical drive, of course).  Brand spanking new installations
of Windows can be populated with a FULL compliment of drivers in one step
(including chipset) excluding a required reboot when it's done.  For
existing (problematic) Windows installs, it will automatically give any
improper drivers the boot and replace them with the correct ones.  Sound
like something you might be able to use on occasion?

Head to the following site and download each of the available driverpacks.
If you choose to read the info given, you'll see that you might be able to
get away with leaving a couple of them out of your mix (industrial graphics,
for instance), which may allow you to get everything on a CD instead of a
DVD.  Once they're all downloaded, use 7-Zip to extract all of them to a
single, empty directory.  They all follow the same format, so you'll end up
with a folder containing a bunch of .INI files along with a subfolder (named
"D") containing additional pre-organized subfolders full of drivers.

http://driverpacks.net/DriverPacks/overview.php
http://driverpacks.net/DriverPacks/

Next, download the following file and uncompress the two files it contains
directly into the main folder (the one with the .INI files).

http://3rdpartydriverpacks.thesneaky.com/wnt5_x86-32/DPInst.7z
or
http://tinyurl.com/5afl4y

Burn the resulting collection and you're done.  If you want to use it for
your own system, too, Move the main folder to someplace more permanent on
your drive.

To use this wonderful disk, just double click on the DPINST.exe file and
stand back while the disk performs its magic.      :O)