-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Unwanted emails

  • From: "Joyce" <jmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 11:55:04 -0500

Dorie, I remember the first message that Marten sent to the CleanUp group
and he was asking if everyone could send him $5.00 so he could pay his
utility bills!  That sent up a "red flag" in my mind right away and I
suspected he might get banned from the list immediately but it was handled
very nicely by a couple of people suggesting alternatives such as energy
assistance (which I have no idea if they have that in Canada but they
probably have some program that could help him)  I have been saving the
messages concerning how to handle this type of behavior (the unwanted
e-mails) just in case he or someone like him comes along in my e-mail box.
Joyce