-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Trying to building a P4 PC - unsuccessfully!

  • From: "suzanne" <lailoken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 21:27:27 -0500

hey there Jeff... I recently had such an experience after my pIII board
flipped a widget... spent many hours searching for all the right
[affordable] parts to build my new machine.  I've got it back, mostly... but
it can get quite frustrating!

one thing to check is your floppy drive... if the cable isn't properly lined
up with pin one, I have found that several boards will not fire up.

just my immediate thought... this is very hard to diagnose thru email.... if
you can test the various pieces partses on another system, that may narrow
it down for you... just don't give up!

~s