-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Method to test hub?

  • From: Master NetLord <NetLord@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 21:19:16 -0400

I just wanted to follow up on two open issues I had.  First, the USB hub
finally bit the dust.   No need to test any more......it's RIP time.  Bought a
new Belkin hub Saturday and all is working just fine.  The little USB flash
memory stick works great -- man, that's a nice little tool for moving data from
one place to another.  The one I bought is called EasyDisk and is a 250 MB
size........perfect for taking files from Cincinnati to Scottsdale.  It has my
MNSoA <G>

Regarding the CDR drive.........it too is dead!   Have no idea what happened.
It was only about 18 months old.  I suspect that something happened to the
optical reader.  I could see the drive, it checked out OK in the System window,
but it simply would NOT read anything.  I fixed that too -- installed a new one
Saurday and it's working great!  Soooooooooooooooooo much faster too <G>

Regards from the
"Keyboard Cowboy",
Master NetLord
,,,,,