-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Laptop Modem

  • From: "KC" <alienkc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:41:27 -0500

go to control panel
go to modems (may be under printers and other hardware)
click on modems tab
make sure your modem is highlighted and click on the properties button on
lower right
click on modem tab again
make sure your speed setting is 57600 *if not lower it)
then click on advanced
in the advanced tab
enter the init string in there *cut and paste might be good idea*
then ok your way out of there...no need to reboot
if that one does not work
try this one *I use this one*
S10=254
the one I gave you is one for your specific modem
mine is a generic one
have you asked aol if they are having troubles with the number you are
calling into?
is there another local number you are able to use?