-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Laptop Modem

  • From: "Kathy Ferrell" <fnkdf@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:14:17 -0800

Did you recently do any service packs for Windows?  Did it start right
after that?  There have been known problems with some of the Windows
Updates so that may be an avenue to pursue.  If you could uninstall
whatever service packs recently installed it's worth a try.  Maybe also
check MS site (the TechNet part, not the average user info) and go to
the tech newsgroups to see if you can find the problem there and a
possibly a solution.  Kat

"Most people don't pay attention to the calm voice of reason unless it's
juxtaposed by screaming idiots on either side of the fence."