-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Laptop Modem

  • From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:34:30 -0400

cable is on line all of the time. Unless - for some reason, it is down! Just
like a dial up could go down. It doesnt' have to go thru a procedure like a dial
up does - to 'dial in' to get online. It is basically, hotwired direct, 24
hours/ day 7 days /week. If I want to go off line, basically, I unplug my cable
wire from my modem, or the power cord. Of course, if I do that, it takes several
boots and time to get it up and running and it re-configures itself. Like after
a power outage. I've been on a cable modem for years, and seriously,  I've never
heard of anyone's cable shutting down their computer! My vote is that there is
something else going on in whoever it was now's laptop that keeps shutting down!
I'd be clueless as to venture a guess what it is, since it isn't that virus -
but someone here will figure it out!!! That, I'm sure of!!!
crisS