-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Everything FULL !?!?

  • From: Robert Carneal <carnealr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 16:56:32 -0500

I can access the data, apps I have written, etc. When I open them and edit
them, however, it gives me that [cuss] full error.

I can even write a new application or file. When I go to save it, I get
that message. Really, I can do anything except save, and if I had a virus
that would be explainable. NAV says I am clean and I am behind a hardware
firewall.

I thought about backing up since the computer is still mostly operable, and
when I try to backup to tape, I still get that error that the drive is
full. To me that is odd, the tape is setup as a backup medium, and not a
medium I read/write to. If I could save it (take me about 80 minutes once I
got started), I would feel better.

What's so frustrating is I use my computer to watch my mother's diabetes
levels, and that of an elderly neighbor. I am getting ready to borrow a
lap-top so that I can do that monitoring tomorrow if need be.

Robert