-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Documents

  • From: "Christine" <poppy0206@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 13:04:22 -0500

Okay, I see now how to do it.

Thanks Don,

Christine
----- Original Message -----
From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 10:52 AM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Documents

This applies to Win XP only and only for those using the default Start Menu
instead of the Classic Start Menu.

Click START
Put your cursor over any empty space on the menu (beneath the RUN command is
a good spot).

Right click

Select Properties (the only option that should be present)

Insure a green dot is present in the radio button next to the Start Menu
option.

Click the CUSTOMIZE button to the right of that option

At the bottom of the resulting window put a check mark in the box next to
List my most recently used documents.

Click OK and then OK again.

If you ever want to empty the list, return to the same point and click the
Clear List button and then OK and OK again.

If you follow these instructions exactly and the screens and selections do
not appear as described you are probably using the Classic Start Menu Option
instead of the default Start Menu option.

Don