-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Computer is slowing down

  • From: "geekette" <geekette@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 08:16:37 -0500

Here's an obscure possibility.  As you are booting, check to make sure
your system is running at the correct speed.  I installed a new
motherboard and chipset and had to change the multipliers in the bios.
When I booted up a week ago, they were reset to the wrong speed. . .
.how or why I don't know, but I changed them back and am now "up to
speed" again.