-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Computer is slowing down

  • From: "andy" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 14:24:15 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: <HandsomeBlck@xxxxxxx>
> Andy,
> I'm running ME.  The slow booting has been gradual.  Once booted, it seems
> intermittently slow - nothing I can point at.  I don't think I have too
many
> programs running in the background, at least I haven't added anything in a
> while.  There is 13G free space on a 30G HDD.

If you are comfortable re-installing Windows, and you have all your 'bits'
backed up, it's possibly worth doing that..With W95, W98 and ME I found
myself re-installing my o/s every 9 months or so-once I noticed it slowing
down, if I couldn't identify why, I did it..maybe a bit like using a
sledgehammer to crack a nut, but it worked for me!!!

Cheers

Andy