-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Computer is slowing down

  • From: HandsomeBlck@xxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 09:12:07 EDT

In a message dated 7/31/2002 6:02:42 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> So, it's booting slowly?? Is it running ok after it's booted up, or is the
> system running slowly after it's booted up as well?

Andy,
I'm running ME.  The slow booting has been gradual.  Once booted, it seems
intermittently slow - nothing I can point at.  I don't think I have too many
programs running in the background, at least I haven't added anything in a
while.  There is 13G free space on a 30G HDD.
Copying albums to CD has been put on hold.  I have been using WinMX to make
anthology CD's.  So I'm happy with this process so far.  I still have your
detailed notes.  I believe the problem was in the settings, too high
recording volume.

HB