-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Can I update my HP

  • From: "Judith" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 18:07:35 -0700

According to Paint Shop Pro 8 which I just received today -- I
have the minimum requirements but with Version 6, I do know my
computer will not handle the larger paintings I want to do.  It
freezes and I must do the 3 fingered salute to end the program.

Which means if I haven't save every two seconds I could lose
what I've painted.  Trust me I save about every 3 minutes even
on the smaller paintings -- when you get something just
right -- you don't want to be redoing it.

The main thing I noticed was it recommended a processor speed
of 1 GHZ.  Now from going to tiger direct -- I see I can get a
new Motherboard for $59.99 with this capability.

HP for the Motherboard in my computer to replace would be
$571 -- so have no clue why such a difference in price :-(
especially since the $60 Motherboard has way  better processor.

The 512 RAM will work and I can use my cable to link desktop
with laptop for sharing of files and also clear off all but the
graphics program on my desktop -- thus giving me plenty of
space for graphics.

So exactly what am I looking at here?  Can you put any type of
Motherboard in a computer?

Judith