[pchelpers] Re: UBuntu

  • From: Cyril Halbach <cyril.kr3y@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 14:47:04 -0500

I tried to install to a 500GB partition and it keeps complaining about
things as "NO ROOT Partition" and something like correct from Partition
table.   I do not know what it wants.

 From the install instructions I gather it is better to make up some
partitions using the Vista OS.
Apparently Ubuntu needs three separate partitions but it does not give
much information as to
what size to make them etc.

If I give it 20GB, and 50GB and 430GB all on the same drive will it know
what to do with it.
I did not want to make so many partitions I will run out of Drive
letters for the Vista system if Vista is still going to be able to 'see'
the Ubuntu partitions.

Cy