[pchelpers] Re: Manually Remove crippled AVG

  • From: Cyril Halbach <cyril.kr3y@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 21:53:10 -0500

Hi John,

I had no trouble finding where AVG resided. Vista would not let me
delete the
folder however until I blew away the Keys in the registry as I mentioned
to Jackie.

Thanks for the reply. AVG has been working pretty well for me. The
latest version
looks like a pretty good one for being FREE.  It monitors quite a number
of items and
seems to do pretty well with its scans  etc.

Not quite sure how it got bombed but last week something happened that a
relatively new
1TB internal Seagate drive bit the dust taking with it some serious
backup items. Still under
warranty but that does not get my files back.

By the way I have a copy of Ubuntu. Looks like a good OS but I am sure
it will be quite
a learning curve. However if I find some time I will play around with it.

Cy