[pchelpers] Re: Manually Remove crippled AVG

  • From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 13:34:10 +1300

On 11/11/2010 12:56 p.m., Cyril Halbach wrote:
> System Vista Home Premium.
>
> AVG got crippled somehow when I had Disk Problems.
> It does not show up in Programs and Features to uninstall.
>
> Reinstalling a new version of AVG fails due to the previous
> crippled version. Message indicates to try to manually
> uninstall and rerun the Install.
>
> Message Permission needed to delete AVG the folders in
> the Program Files folder.  Not sure how to accomplish that.
> Would appreciate suggestions.
>
> Cy
By looking closely at the properties of the AVG icon, you should be able
to establish the location where AVG is.
When you have it, manually delete it by going to its location and
deleting the folder it is in.

If all goes well, you may be able to re-install a better antivirus or
just replace AVG. Personally, I don't think it is up to the standard
needed these days, but it is your decision.
--
Regards, John Durham
Fax/Phone 64 4 5286786