[pchelpers] Re: Archos is pretty sneeky, BAD Archos FM Recorder

  • From: "Robert McLellan" <bobmclellan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 07:32:19 -0600

Ron, here is the answer to your question, just as I thought.
Bob
****************

At the 128 kbps stereo it will record 4 and 1/2 hours that is if you just
plan on using it for music

I have mine set at 32 kbps mono for recording the meetings and can get over
17 1/2 hours. I have the
Learn from the Great Teacher on it 49 megs over 7hours and it was recorded
at 16kbps and the sound quality
Is great for voice. Even 4 1/2 hours is a lot of music. My first MP3 player
only had 128meg. If you have the
Extra $100 then get the 512. Having the line in ability is the nice extra.
Then you can convert you old cassettes
To mp3 and then to regular cd audio if you have program like Music Match.

Patrick & Eunice McLellan
27970 Gale Rd.
Pueblo, Colorado
Tel. 719-948-9564