[pchelpers] Archos is pretty sneeky, BAD Archos FM Recorder

  • From: "Ron & Rhonda" <rnr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 12:52:41 -1000

Dear List.

Archos FM Recorder happens to be a bad product for us. If anyone else has
purchased one of these recently please return it ASAP. Mine is 31 days old
and I am stuck with it even though at the 23 day point I asked for a refund.

The defect is this: The solid state memory holds 1140 - 1150 kbs of memory
that it holds until it is time to write that amount of information to the
hard disk. When writing that now recorded recording to the hard disk the
drive actually creates static and distorts the FM signal, hence static and
distortion to the recordings.

This is a design defect. just 3 weeks ago Archos decided to discontinue
(after selling these for 3 years) conveniently has a new product! No they
don't want the old one back.

I am perplexed as to what to do other than sell this on eBay, also what to
buy next is another problem.

Sorry if I influenced anyone to buy one of these and of course any
recordings I promised will be defective but some are better than others, you
can get them at my site www.1914.net.

Ron