[pchelpers] Re: Archos is pretty sneeky, BAD Archos FM Recorder

  • From: "Cyril Halbach" <kr3y@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 22:27:42 -0500

  Ron,
        I listened to some of your recording on your web site and I am not
convinced that the FM recorder is bad. I recorded audio tapes here at
Philadelphia and also at Richmond and I would suggest that the problem is
with the incredibly low power which those transmitters are operating which
causes the problem. The problem I had with the boom box was no different
than what I hear on some of your recordings. Radio waves at that frequency
are not like running a wire. All kinds of minor things interfere with an FM
signal that is so weak at times your equipment cannot compensate for it and
the device receives the static noise so it records it.

    Cy