[pchelpers] Re: Unable to boot into Windows

  • From: Gil <wgilmore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:26:05 -0500

Scott kindly responded to my inability to  get my laptop to
successfully boot into  windows, writing:=20

> =20
> G> I'm currently unable to boot up my laptop into Windows 98 SE. =20
> G> When I power on the laptop it freezes and gets hung up at the=20
> G> Windows splash screen. The only way to proceed is for me to cut the=20
> G> power supply, power it up again and then wait as it automatically=20
> G> goes into safe mode. From "Safe" mode I'm able to restart back in=20
> G> "normal" mode.=20
> =20
> Are you able to get into Windows in normal mode at all, or what?  =20

Yes but only if I first go into Safe mode from  there restart the
computer after which it will  boot into "normal" windoze.  =20

> You might try pressing F8 *BEFORE* the splash screen appears=20

I did this and then and then proceeded to  select the  "Step-by-Step"
procedure. Using  this procedure I approved each step until i  got
down to the =20
 =3D=3D> launch MsMouse.vxd driver <=3D=3D. =20
where the computer promptly hung.=20

I then rebooted the computer and again used  the F8 key to select the
"Step-by-Step"  procedure. This time, however, I  didn't  approve the
launch of the MsMouse.vxd   driver.  Lo and behold the laptop
successfully  launched into windows.=20

So what does this mean? I searched for that  driver and found it in my
Windows/system=20

It would seem the problem is related to this  driver but how can I
correct it?=20

Thanks for any suggestions you might offer.=20

gil=20

gil