[pchelpers] Unable to boot into Windows

  • From: Gil <wgilmore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 18:56:53 -0500

Hi:

I'm currently unable to boot up my laptop into=20
Windows 98 SE. My laptop has 128 ram and 20 gig=20
hard drive).=20

When I power on the laptop it freezes and gets hung=20
up at the Windows splash screen. The only way to=20
proceed is for me to cut the power supply, power it=20
up again and then wait as it automatically goes into=20
safe mode. From "Safe" mode I'm able to restart =20
back in "normal" mode.=20

Does anyone know what's going on and/or suggest a=20
means of trouble shooting the problem? I've run virus=20
checkers and have cleaned the registry and deleted=20
all temp files on my hard drive with a utility.=20

Thanks for any possible solutions.

gil

gil