[PA28235] Re: mogas

  • From: PilotKris@xxxxxxx
  • To: pa28235@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 10:16:13 EDT

OK OK,

Enough is enough on the MoGas deal.

Everyone seams to be forgetting that you MUST follow all of the STC
requirements which include using SUPER unleaded gas. That is not that much
cheeper
than AvGas, around here it's only about $.50 per gallon. You also MUST  test
the
MoGas for alcohol. Who is actually doing that? For EVERY  purchase?

I know a guy who's so proud of the $ he saves buying MoGas, I then found  out
he buys it at the cheapest "brand-X" station around. I'd doubt that he's
even getting 91 octane.

What about the stability of MoGas (especially for those storring large
quanities). I've had many tanks of MoGas "go-bad" in cars, boats, motorcycles
but
never a load of AvGas.

There are MANY differences between 100LL and MoGas that go beyond just the
octane. Oh, and let's not forget that the differences vary BY DESIGN for  the
seasons.

The biggest reason AvGas costs more than MoGas is quality control. There
MUST be a totally dedicated supply chain that extends from the refinery all the

way to your airplane. The fuel CANNOT be pumped via a pipeline or even carried
 in a truck that has ever had MoGas before. Can your local Brand-X station
say  the same about their "super" unleaded?

Oh, and do I even start about varpor-lock problems?

I'll gladly pay the extra $7.00 an hour for the extra security provided by
AvGas...

(Besides, MoGas STINKS!)