RE: rm RULE based optimizer != GOOD IDEA

  • From: "Post, Ethan" <Ethan.Post@xxxxxx>
  • To: <gints.plivna@xxxxxxxxx>, <robyn.sands@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:16:52 -0500

or..."one of our developers used HASH JOIN hints all throughout their
SQL, now we had to go back and remove them and this took time and $$$,
can't wait until HASH JOIN hint is removed."

you see the problem in this case and the case below has to do with the
review process, not the mere existence of the hint