Re: a quick poll regarding the 11gR2 OFA

  • From: Frits Hoogland <frits.hoogland@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 23:22:45 +0200

please bear in mind I am not criticizing OFA in any way! I think the basic
principle still stands.
I also think the principle works, and continues to be an important thing for
server/database architecture.

What I am saying here is /u01../u99 is easily misunderstood by non-DBA's, and
even for DBA's it does not tell what the mountpoint is for.
If someone is using it, and it works: fine!
But if you want a logically and descriptive setup, the '/oracle' directory, is
descriptive (mind I say 'directory'), and having mountpoints for the software
and for the slices which hold pieces of the database in mountpoints beneath
that is descriptive in my opinion.

frits