Re: a quick poll regarding the 11gR2 OFA

  • From: japplewhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 11:10:13 -0500

Tony,

Hmmm, haven't even bothered to look at how 11g installs yet - waiting for
another release or two of 11gR2 before we "extreme trailing edge" give it
a go.

I'm ornery enough to take it on as a challenge.  If I can't get the 11g
install to do what I want, I'll just thwart it's evil intent with symlinks
- love 'em, love 'em, love 'em.  "Age and treachery will always prevail
over youth and enthusiasm."     :^)

Heck, we're so trailing edge that one of you clever and enterprising folks
will probably have figured it out by the time we do our first 11g install
and I'll see it on this list or on MOS.

Jack C. Applewhite - Database Administrator
Austin I.S.D. - MIS Department
512.414.9250 (wk)  /  512.935.5929 (pager)

From:   "S. Anthony Sequeira" <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:   05/11/2010 10:21 AM
Subject:        Re: a quick poll regarding the 11gR2 OFA
Sent by:        oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Tue, May 11, 2010 16:05, japplewhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
[...]
> Everything is under /oracle - all database files are under
oradata1/SIDx/,
[...]
> Works very well for us.  Doubt if we'll change when we go to 11g.
>
> /oracle
>         /admin
>                 /SID1
>                 /SID2

You'll have to when you go to 11g. :(

Your admin directory will be lost in a maze of twisty little Oracle
directories.

If you do manage to get back to a pre 11g OFA structure, please do let the
list know.

[...]
--
Tony