RE: Oracle DBA future

  • From: "Best, David" <David.Best@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jeremy Schneider" <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 18:21:58 -0400

That's all fine and dandy if you have the $$ and time to train
someone...  But unfortunately, I've seen my share of companies which
didn't invest in their employees as much as they should.    I've also
seen more problems with having technically incompetent members on a
team, than a star who lacks inter-personal skills.   But, I'll agree,
having either one on your team can be bad... I have experienced both and
neither one was enjoyable.

Regardless, whether or not you're looking for someone with personal
skills that is teachable or a technical star with personal skills you
still have the same problem.   You have to find them.