RE: Oracle DBA future

  • From: "Pratap Singh (c)" <psingh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:20:13 -0700

There are people with people skill and people without. same way for technical
skills.
Mostly it depends upon the hiring managers, how they manage people. I have at
time times hired and worked with people with zero people skills and great
technical skills without any problem.

On the other hand people with low technical skill and great people skill, I
always feel they will smooth talk their way out of problem without solving
it.

So at the end of it. I will rather hire people with better technical skills
as that adds value right now. For long term it does help to get people that
are better suited for learning and merging with the team.

Also always from HR perspective, "Always hire mediocre people as they will
keep working without complaining."

My 2 cents...
Thanks,
PB Singh