Re: Database in depth, by C.J. Date

  • From: Mario Cariggi <gelfand.transform@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ethan.Post@xxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 19:08:07 +0200

Hi Ethan,

On 6/14/05, Post, Ethan <Ethan.Post@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Actually as I understand it Einstein was not all that great at math
> either, but he had the ability to conceptualize things that no one else
> could. I believe you can be a pretty good DBA and not really be great at
> math.
=20
there is an amusing diatribe through the physicists about=20
who was the greatest physicist of all time: Newton or Einstein.=20
Someone says that was Newton, because he developed by=20
himself the math he needs to give us the Theory of Gravitation,
instead Einstein used the math of nineteenth century.=20
 Well even if it is so, Einstein was really really great at math.

I didn't say you have to be great at math to be a pretty good DBA,=20
but the importance of math in computer science it is a fact.

Sorry if I have offended someone.

Best regards.