Re: Database in depth, by C.J. Date

  • From: Chris Stephens <cstephens16@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L (E-mail)" <Oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 10:49:04 -0400

well, i'm on the last 2 chapters of 'database in depth.'  ...to be
honest, i struggled through it.  not because it was all that difficult
to follow.  i am very glad that I read it as it really got me to think
about databases in a different light and there was a lot of good
information that i hope to not forget.  ...but in between that stuff
there was a lot of dryness that lulled me to sleep and, consequently,
i'm sure i didn't fully absorb.   i for one am glad there wasn't a lot
more math.  not everyone sees magic in numbers.

....i realize in some peoples eyes that may qualify me as not being a
'real' database professional but...well...oh well.  i'm comfortable
with my progress. :)

i would still highly recommend the book though.