Re: Restart files in AutoUpgrade.

  • From: "Jurijs Velikanovs" <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 17:42:13 +0100

Yury, just one question:

> PPS Next time just before to kill adadmin I would recommend to try to
> make a backup copy of $APPL_TOP/admin/$TWO_TASK/restart directory and
> of two tables fnd_install_processes and AD_DEFERRED_JOBS. In I would
> did it in that case presumably you would be able to restart adadmin
> session from the same place as where you got your problem by restoring
> those three things on the original locations.

Would I do your above advice before killing my "adaimgr" session?

In general it isn't good idea to kill any of adXXX utilities' processes. But this is one thing that you can do in case you haven't got any other chances to get rid of those processes. Yes you need to copy thoes three thing just before killing adXXXX processes.

Yury