[opendtv] Re: TV Ratings Have Hurt Creative Side of Television, Says Netflix Content Boss Sarandos | Variety

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 23:23:08 +0000

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> The percentage drop since 2010 is your guesstimate.

Nope, it's instead another example of your selective forgetfulness. This was
reported in an article. About 4.6 percent drop for ESPN, and 4.5 percent drop
for TNT.

http://www.fiercecable.com/story/wsj-consumers-not-cutting-cord-theyre-shaving-it/2014-10-10

This must be the third time I've had to repeat this to you, Craig. Could you
please save it somewhere, so I don't have to do this again?

>> Wait, did you already forget the thread about AMC's The Walking Dead,

> Stop blowing smoke Bert. Entire seasons of episodic shows have been
> sold for decades.

Wrong. Not (virtually) simultaneous with "the bundle" broadcast, for reasonable
"season pass" price. This is new, Craig. And it categorically contradicts your
previous claim that content from "the bundle" remains exclusively in "the
bundle" (until released on DVD or other, after a considerable delay).

> The option to pay for individual shows is complementary, not
> competitive.

The option of paying a single, low season price, for undelayed viewing without
MVPD subscription, is instead competitive. This is new this year, as far as I
can tell. I wonder why you feel compelled to dispute this.