[opendtv] Re: News: Those licenses will soon be worthless...

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 10:42:54 -0700

Ron;

Why do you think it's an ATSC issue?  The same rules apply to DVB, ARIB,
ATSC and any other MPEG private users that may arise in the future.  I note
that you jump to blaming ATSC.

1)  because they have to, per MPEG rules, at least I've been told.
2)  I don't know what a pink ticket is, because the only thing that is pink
is the duplicate (carbon) copy of the letter placed in the station's file.
However, it's the same color as any other carbon copy placed in the station
file.

The answer to 2 is no, not yet.  However, it's arguable that the issue will
arise.  Stations have to follow ATSC rules, which are enshrined in ATSC
specs, and which are embodied in large part in FCC rules. ATSC specs refer
to, or are normative to MPEG specs.

Who wants to be the first case?