[opendtv] Re: News: Those licenses will soon be worthless...

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 10:51:25 -0700

Bert wrote:
> Another possibility is of course the pay TV distributors,
> now with telcos joining their ranks. They too would
> oppose a good DTT system. Force everyone to use pay TV.

This has been my thinking for a number of years, as you might recall.
Add to that the CEA, whose membership generally make significantly
more and easier money from subscription services sales, and you
have identified the major road blocks.
Certainly there are other contrived impediments to a successful
FOTA DTV service but those mentioned above are the most organized.