[opendtv] Re: News: Those licenses will soon be worthless...

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 15:53:45 -0700

the market for mobile video in cars is the backseat.  98+ of cars on the
road have one occupant.  99+ percent have two or fewer occupants.

the market for portable video in cars is campers, trailers and mobile homes.
The Escalade comes into this market from the bottom; "you don't need to buy
a mobile home to have portable -- not mobile -- video.

The play here is the residuals that DirecTV resellers (in this case, GM or
the car dealer) gets from DirecTV.  They continue for some time ...