[opendtv] Re: Mobile DTV test

  • From: "Sam Churchill" <samc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:39:55 -0700

I'm a consumer, not an engineer...so answer me this:

I live in an apartment downtown without cable. Why can't I get ATSC? It
doesn't work.

Why can't the United States duplicate the UK's success with off-the-air
FreeView on a $99 settop?
PLEASE tell me the reason is NOT because there were no royalty bucks for
ATSC if they adopted COFDM.

Consumers aren't stupid. ATSC screwed up.
Am I missing something or am I telling the truth?

You tell me.

Sam Churchill
Portland, OR