[opendtv] Re: Let the games begin

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 10:21:46 -0500

Bob Miller wrote:

> My point, Doug Lung's point was that legacy receivers
> are a problem when designing DOCRs. Even if 5th gen
> receivers work perfect with DOCRs the legacy receivers
> hold back their use.

And my point is that this is true even in COFDM countries, and that
fortunately it seems like the receivers built into new sets here tend to
be of the 5th gen variety.

> But you need DOCRs for a successful DTV HDTV transition
> according to Doug.

I seem to be doing okay without OCRs.

Certainly, OCRs will help. But I think you're trying too darned hard to
trump up your "gotchas." There has to be a time when you "get over it,"
Bob.