[opendtv] Re: Let the games begin

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 13:03:35 -0500

MovieBeam is selling boxes and service.

TTFN,
Mark

Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
Mark Schubin wrote:

And it's interesting that those rates are comparable to what's
being done in NTSC while also transmitting analog television.

You're talking about Dotcast, I take it.

The bit rate is 4.5 Mb/s in the 6 MHz channel, while also transmitting
NTSC, yes.

BUT

For Dotacast to work, they claim a need for a 40 dB of C/N. I can tell
you that I don't see that sort of C/N for any DTT channels I receive.

Sure, given enough power, you can increase the payload on any channel.