[oagitm] Microsoft License Agreement

  • From: "Hartley, Pat" <Pat.Hartley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 13:10:16 -0800

Folks,

As we here at the City are looking at a rather bleak next few years, I am
considering every line item for potential reduction... I think y'all have been
there at one point or another.

Among one of our biggest yearly ticket items is our Microsoft License
Agreement.  I am considering dropping it and going to a pay as I go model.

Still running the numbers to see if that works, but was wondering if anyone
else on the list has done this and what challenges they saw.

Any and all feedback is very appreciated.

~Pat

Patrick H. Hartley
Technology Director
City of Gresham Oregon