[ncolug] Re: vm

  • From: "Chuck Stickelman" <CStickelman@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 10:28:11 -0500

Writing a program that sends a SIGHUP to another process upon a specific event
id trivial. I'm not  programmer butr I could do it in a BASAH script.

From trhe hypervisor's point of view they are Linux apps and therefore should
behaive as such.  Linux apps should behaive properly when they catch a signal.
The shell-script that was posted earlier effectively does just that.

The good would be that the guest OS would initiate a shutdown upon seeing the
SIGHUP from the Hypervisor...  Sems pretty useful to me...

Chuck