[ncolug] Re: vm

  • From: larry <larry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 10:46:31 -0500

Next question:

When running a bunch of VMs, how do you get them all to shut down on a power fail (UPS support) - I would think we better have a *definite* answer on this one, as we are selling it...

M. Knisely wrote:
larry wrote:

Next question:

I want to burn a CD while in a VM, how well does that work out?

I've had issues burning with a VM running. Namely, I'll try to burn on my Linux host and the M$ VM will keep attempting to grab the disk and read it... the result is a lovely coaster.

What I've done is turn off the CD-Rom access in my M$ VM.

I've not tried to burn a disk in a Linux VM.

Mike K.

"Perception is strong and sight weak. In strategy it is important to see distant things as if they were close and to take a distanced view of close things." Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)

Subject field.