[ncolug] Re: vm

  • From: "Rob Gibson" <nosbig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 21:27:23 -0400

The VMWare server is a closed-source proprietary application.  They
can always yank new versions from the current pricing structure.  It
is actually out of beta, however.

In fact, I just installed 1.0.1 today on my box so that I could play
around with it and have access to a Linux machine from North Central
when I go back.  So far, I have installed a copy of "etch" and
downloaded a couple of the VMTN machines to play with.  Next is to see
how well BeOS plays with it, just for curiousity's sake.

Rob

On 8/16/06, larry <larry@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It looks to me like the vmware server product for Linux will not always
be free as in $... it is a beta, after all...

--
There are souls in this world which have the gift of finding
joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go.

                                  Frederick Faber (1814-1863)