[nanomsg] Re: Simplifying CMake build

  • From: Martin Sustrik <sustrik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 09:34:28 +0200

On 30/08/13 09:27, Sergei Nikulov wrote:

Looks like you've mixed build and packaging.

The underlying requirement is: The user building from the source package should not be forced to install the build system.

The rationale here is that at the moment, the source package is the primary means of deployment (as opposed to binary packages) to the users and thus should be kept as simple and frictionless as possible, even if it means more work for the nanomsg developers.

I don't understand why all already existing platforms was cut off.

I suggest your follow curl way.Use autoconf/automake as primary and
support it.

But leave cmake as it is. Developers who need it will support existing
scripts.

Sorry, I won't keep unmaintained code in the repo. As already said, if you volunteer to maintain it in the future, we can discuss adding it back in.