[modeleng] Re: milling chuck

  • From: "Ron Head" <ron.head@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 19:53:42 -0000

Hi Jem
The beauty of Myford collets is that they don't need a chuck.  If your D-W
machine has been built 'to spec' it will have a Myford nose, in which case all
you need is a Myford closing ring (easy enough to pick up secondhand).

Myford have recently started making the collets again.  They had them on their
stand at Ascot, but they're pretty pricey - around GBP22 each, I seem to
recall.  The last time I bought some secondhand ones they cost me around GBP15
each.  They don't appear very often on the secondhand market, and the dealers
know it.

Regards
Ron