[modeleng] Re: briggs and stratton

  • From: "Jeff Dayman" <jeffdayman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 08:45:43 -0500

Hi Patrick,

The tube is a crankcase breather tube, which carries oil vapour and piston
blowby vapour and gases from the crankcase back into the inlet air, so it
can be burned off. This is a crude emissions control device, but also keeps
the engine clean by preventing oil vapour from spewing all over it.

Best regards, Jeff Dayman