[modeleng] Re: briggs and stratton

  • From: "JESSE LIVINGSTON" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 10:40:41 -0600

Patrick,

First off realize that your "5 hp" engine will only actually be about 1.6 hp
electrical.  Gas engine companies have a sneaky way of lying about the
actual horsepower of their engines, but if you will divide the listed hp by
3 then you will come pretty close to actuality.

Forget the auto choke as it is a piece of junk.  Mowers I have had with that
"wonderful" invention most always required that I hold my hand against the
air intake to act as a choke before they would start when cold..If you can
figure out some way to operate the choke manually you will be much happier.

Jesse, the Redneck Tennesseean